The used gym equipment is highly recommended for those who do not have the money to buy a product fresh out of the store, as a new one demands greater investment.
The most basic equipment to have a in a complete gym includes strength equipment, in addition to cardiovascular equipment, consisting of fixed bikes, treadmills and elliptical trainers.
The lack of experience poses a risk for users who do not know of used gym equipment, as these equipment could be defective or may also have an improper inclination and this could cause muscle injuries.
The used gym equipment at the beginning represents an initial saving, depending on the function that is intended for the gym machine, but then can be a problem due to the lack of parts and services, even becoming an obsolete object quickly.
If you are determined to buy used gym equipment, I will give you a few tips to make your purchase as fruitful as possible.
Use Search Engines
The search on the internet is also a great help in finding used gym equipment, as you will find a wide variety of websites that will give you a greater number of options.
The first thing to do is to find platforms with reliability which sell used stuff such as eBay and a few others.
Online and Offline Classifieds
It is always good to check the online classified directories and the classified section in the local newspapers as you will find people in your area willing to sell their used gym equipment.
It is always necessary to ask the seller the reason for the sale. This seems simple but it will be very helpful to know the state of the equipment and what repairs it needs. Check if it is the used gym equipment abandoned in an attic or roof which is generally rusty and worn-out.
Check it and test the gym equipment in person before buying and it is the most important step, since it is the moment where there is no turning back, so you must examine the used gym equipment in detail to check out the broken, loose and rusty parts. If you see something wrong and you do not know the procedure to fix it or the repairing will be costly, it is better to go to the next seller of the used gym equipment on our list.
Today, we will tell you how to perform good maintenance in your gym to extend the life of your fitness equipment. To keep the fitness equipment in good condition is one of the main concerns of the managers of fitness centers.
The fitness equipment of the gyms is often subject to extreme usage, so carrying out periodic inspections of its operation will extend the useful life and help to preserve the fitness equipment. We know how important it is that the machinery of your facility works properly, so we summarize the keys to perform a proper maintenance of your gym.
- Cleanliness is one of the points that should be taken care of. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to make sure that the correct cleaning products are used and that they will not damage the material. Removing dust and any remaining dirt from the machines at the end of the day is another matter to keep in mind to avoid clogging the ventilation grilles or overheating the motor.
- The personal trainers in your fitness center should know how that they are responsible for using the fitness equipment properly and what type of exercise they are meant to work. Specialized training will enable each trainer to perform the relevant daily and weekly maintenance of the fitness equipment.
- Appropriate signage of each fitness machine with simple plans that illustrate the users on which exercises they can perform with them will make the vision of the users about your gym better, at the same time it will help to preserve the fitness equipment. A brief guide with some simple rules to use will also serve to improve the performance and maintenance of machines.
- New technologies have gradually been incorporated into the sector. Today, all fitness equipment includes systems that measure the speed at which a particular physical activity is conduced, the distance traveled or the calories burned. However, although each machine has its own characteristics when it comes to the care of consoles, there are three fundamental assumptions i.e. keep the software up-to-date, always clean the sweat, so that it does not break and corrode the circuits and go to a specialist if a technical fault occurs.
- Of course, you should keep in mind that each commercial fitness equipment is unique and that it is not the same maintenance of bicycles and elliptical as the care of a machine of bodybuilding.