Exercise science has proven that anyone can be fit and be healthy at any age. When you reach 40 years old or more, you really have to start thinking about your overall health and fitness. In order to do this, you need to take control of yourself. Below are tips and ideas to staying healthy after 40.
- Look at your current fitness level. In order to stay in shape, you need to know what your current fitness level is. Cardiovascular, muscle strength, endurance, flexibility, and body composition all need to be looked at.
- Make goals. What goals do you want to achieve? Losing 20 pounds, being stronger, or eating less junk? Goal setting has to be a part of any fitness program for you to be successful.
- Be determined. Once you start a program, you have to continue to do it on a day-to-day basis if you want to see any improvement.
- Warm up before exercising. Warming up will stimulate the blood flow to your muscles, increasing the flexibility of your joints and preventing injury.
- Stretch after exercising. Stretching is important for older exercisers because as you get older you tend to become less flexible over the years.
- Start slowly. Don't push yourself to hard at first. Slowly progress to a higher fitness level.
- Last but not least, have a good time. At first exercising may seem like a chore, but the more you keep at it, the more you'll enjoy it.
Tips on Feeling Good About Yourself
– Make an effort to look good. Take care of your skin and pamper yourself. This not only affects your looks, but also your spirits and self-esteem.
– Stand up straight. It is not only healthy but it also makes you look slimmer, taller, and more confident.
– Don't compare yourself to younger people. This will only make you give up on yourself. What looks good on one person doesn't always look good on others. Try changing your hair color and style around.
When you become fit, your out-look on life and attitude will improve. You will feel better, be happier, and look more attractive to others. Eating good foods, exercise, and changing your mindset are the three main keys to living a more fit life.
For more information about how to stay fit and healthy at 40 and over, feel free to visit the links below: